Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Protocol for DNA Isolation from Bacteria




I used new kit to isolate my Agrobacteria's DNA during last week. New Kit has a simple and easy way to isolate pure DNA cultured bacteria. The kit contains all of the reagents needed to isolate and purify genomic DNA from gram-negative bacteria.

At first, I started to dilute Wash Solution Concentrate. I added 80 mL of ethanol 90%  to the Wash solution bottle which contained 10 mL of solution. The next step was preparing Proteinase K for the experiment. I dissolved Proteinase K powder in a bottle in 0.5 mL of Water RNA/DNA.

For the first step, I poured 1.5 ml of 18 hours old Agrobacteria into a centrifuge tube and centrifuged it at 12,000–16,000 × g for 2minuts. After centrifuging, I pipette out the culture medium completely. Then, I added 180 μL of Lysis Solution T and 20 μL of RNase A Solution in the tube. After 2 minutes incubating at room temperature, I Add 20 μL of the Proteinase K solution to the solution. Then, I placed tube into a 55 °C water bath for 30 minutes. After that, I added Add 200 μL of Lysis Solution C into the centrifuge tube and vortex it for 20 seconds to have a homogeneous mixture and  I put it back to the 55 °C water bath for 10 minutes. Then, I Add 500 μL of the Column Preparation Solution to each pre-assembled GenElute Miniprep Binding Column which is seated in a 2 mL collection tube and I Centrifuged it at 12,000 × g for 1 minute. The eluate was discarded. For the next step, I Added 200 μL of ethanol 90% to the solution and vortex it for 5–10 seconds to have a homogeneous mixture. I transferred my solution in the centrifuge tube into the binding column and centrifuged it for 1 minute at ≥ 6500 × g. Then, I placed column in a new collection tube. Then, I added 500 μL of Wash Solution 1 to the column and centrifuged tube at ≥ 6500 × g for 1 minute and I placed the column in a new 2 mL collection tube. After that, I added Add 500 μL of Wash Solution to the column and centrifuge for 3 minutes at 13000 × g. After centrifuging, I emptied the collection tube and put a column back on it. Then, I Centrifuged the column again for 1 minute at the same speed. The collection tube was discarded and column was placed in a new collection tube. At the end, I added 200 μL of the Elution Solution to the column and centrifuged for 1 Minute at 6600 × g. for getting better result of elution I repeated this step one more time.

I used this purified DNA to run a PCR and an agarose Gel.


First DNA extraction

  Second DNA extraction

In my first DNA extraction, I used isolated DNA to run an agarose gel and for the second DNA extraction, I used PCR of isolated DNA.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for this contribution! It's been very useful for me. Everything is very open and represents very clear explanation of issues. Really blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of DNA Isolation from Bacteria. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.
    DNA Purification Kits

    ReplyDelete